Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some food for tought if any YFZ guys wanna question the DS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHAHA... thats not what you mean at all.!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
damn that thing looks ROUGH. im assuming tho it wasnt a normal casin of a jump, you can see the plastics popped out of there slots as well...roll it down a cliff? into a mud hole? hahaha...well thats cast aluminum for ya.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya... i dont think it was normal wear and tear thats for sure! anything will break when ya push it to the limits. Some KTM frames are breaking too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard of some Can-am frames getting bent or cracked... but it was from harsh contacts with other quads or stationary objects. . . i've pushed mine pretty hard and came up short on some bigger jumps without any problems.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've heard of some Can-am frames getting bent or cracked... but it was from harsh contacts with other quads or stationary objects. . . i've pushed mine pretty hard and came up short on some bigger jumps without any problems.
Same with me, It seems can-am really got the frame right, which is a good thing for sure.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya...but the quad is an 09 so its not like it has years of abuse....

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
regardless i know i have and other people have raped their ds's and have never seen damage like that. i mean i dont know how many times my quads gotten to the bottom of a hill before me but its still as tight as a ten year old.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL. Dirty!! but true man... The DS's are pretty solid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the bottom plate on canam frames is forged aluminum=bends not cracks, and if any component is bend or broke it can be removed and replaced with a brand new piece and hardware, much nicer than welding up a cracked or broken piece of aluminum

·
Registered
89 Posts
the bottom plate on canam frames is forged aluminum=bends not cracks, and if any component is bend or broke it can be removed and replaced with a brand new piece and hardware, much nicer than welding up a cracked or broken piece of aluminum
True but I cant find the pieces that I need for mine. But I have found some where local that can straightin it for me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chunky... Check out Babbits For your bent or broken parts. they have pretty well every OEM part ya can get for all models.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i think brent sturdivant's dad told me the only people who can get the pieces of the frame separate is people that have a factory deal. this may not be true because it was a long time ago, but i'm 50% sure it is. when i broke the foot peg mount off mine the dealer & can am was wanting me to buy a new frame.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
houser makes a bracket for the arms that mounts to the frame to help keep it from bending in...i guess its more common than i thought...cuz i took a look at mine and that weird canter lean that i thought was a trashed shock is starting to seem like maybe the upper mount is just tweaked in. i know the dealer can replace just that section cuz thats what the did with my other side so id ask a couple more dealers if theyre giving you problems. but that houser thing looks like itd be a great investment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts